Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a seasoning made from fresh herbs & vegetables. It is used to coat and soak into all meats--found in all homes throughout the Caribbean. It varies slightly from island to island. Can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 weeks ( if it lasts that long).
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 large white onion
- 6 garlic cloves (more or less to taste )
- 1 bunch spring onion (including green tops )
- 1 bunch thyme (soft stemmed if possible)
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 bunch coriander (cilantro, shadow bennet optional )
- 1⁄2 bunch flat leaf parsley (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 sprigs sage (leaves only )
- Peel and rough cut onion.
- Peel and rough cut spring onions , including green tops.
- Peel garlic.
- Rough cut chives, coriander, and parsley,
- Rough cut thyme if soft stemmed -- if hard, woody stemmed, take all leaves off, throw out stems.
- Put all ingredients into a food processor/blender; puree.
- Mixture should be fairly thick consistency. Add slightly more vinegar if needed.
- Pour into sterilised glass jar and refrigerate.
- use on meats to season -- leave for minimum of 2 hours, overnight better.