Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This delicious sauce is found with many variations throught the Caribbean. It is wonderful on grilled meats, fish, vegetables and as a sandwich spread.
- 10 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons white sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped (or use chadon beni)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 scotch bonnet pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- Place the garlic, vinegar, sugar, honey and salt into a blender or food processor. Puree it on high until it is a smooth paste, and then drizzle in the olive oil with the processor still running until it becomes very creamy.
- Add the chado beni, or cilantro and the scotch bonnet pepper (if you are using it) Pulse a few times and store it in the refrigerator.
Yummy sauce. Good with rice and easy to make. I love garlic and this had plenty of it. Thanks! Made for ZWT#9. I couldn't get the stars to stick. A definate 5 stars!