Recipe by darthlaurie
Found this gem on http://www.scharffenberger.com/. Sounds delicious! A decadent twist on hot cocoa! Servings are a guesstimate.
For the chocolate mix
- 2 (3 ounce) bars scharffen berger 82% extra dark chocolate or 2 (3 ounce) limited edition 72% el carmen chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon bay leaf powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
For each serving (use 2 T chocolate mix plus)
- boiling water
- whole milk
- heavy cream
- 1 drop vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the ingredients for the chocolate mix and store in a glass jar with a tight lid.
- To make individual servings of cocoa tea, boil 1 cup of water and add 2 tablespoons of the cocoa mix.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Add milk and heavy cream to taste.