- 4 large bananas, peeled,and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ounce butter, cut into small pieces (25g)
- 3 ounces apricot jam (75g)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F (200°C).
- Butter a baking dish of suitable size to hold the bananas.
- Place the bananas cut side down in the dish.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and butter evenly over bananas.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the bananas are baking, melt the apricot jam, lime juice and sherry in a pan.
- Remove bananas from oven, pour the sauce over them and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve each banana with icecream, or flambe with Trinidad rum.
- Best made just before serving.