Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can "have your cake, and eat it, too" with this luscious (but reduced fat) and easy to prepare, chocolate dessert. It is made with cocoa, a deep dark chocolate baking ingredient that contains less than one gram of fat per tablespoon.
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese (light cream cheese)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup hershey's cocoa or 1⁄3 cup hershey's Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup egg substitute
- strawberry, for topping (optional)
- whipped topping, for topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare GRAHAM BOTTOM.
- In food processor, place cottage cheese; process until smooth. Add Neufchatel cheese, sugar, cocoa and strawberries; process until smooth. Stir in egg substitute. Pour gently onto graham mixture in pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or just until almost set in center. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate; serve cold, topped with whipped topping and strawberries.
- GRAHAM BOTTOM: Stir together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter or margarine; press onto bottom of 8-inch springform pan.