Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My variation on a recipe in The Holly Clegg Trim and Terrific Cookbook. Feel free to substitute vegetables.
- 9 ounces linguine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook the linguine in plain water until done and drain.
- Cook the chicken in the oil until done and remove.
- Saute the vegetables, herbs and seasonings (except for the peas) in the same pan until tender.
- Add the peas and cook until heated and tender.
- Add the cooked chicken and linguini to the pan and toss, cooking until all is heated.
- Adjust seasinging to taste.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.
- Serve with favorite breads or salad.
This was really easy to make. Just a little bland for me.