Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I like this pudding as i am a sweet lover. This is a very colourful recipe with three different layers. The top is white, the middle is red and the bottom is yellow. This recipe has originated from my mom's mind.
- 1 sponge cake
- 4 tablespoons custard powder
- 1 packet strawberry jelly
- 6 tablespoons cream
- 1 liter milk
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Boil the milk, add custard powder, vanilla essence and sugar.
- Cook for two minutes.
- Leave aside to cool.
- prepare jelly as pre the instructions and leave aside to cool.
- Cut the cake into two parts and set it in the casserole.
- Pour the custard and the jelly over the cake.
- Put it in the fridge for half an hour.
- Then remove it and spread the cream over it.
- Serve chilled!
- Decorate with canned fruits (as per desire).
- Note: The jelly should be in a liquid state in the step no.4
well it was delicious
It was GREAT! I didn't have a sponge cake available, so used a plain cake mix and made one. In the cake, I did add 1 tspn of pineapple essence and half tspn of vanilla essence - these essences, especially the former, gave the cake a wonderful smell! Besides that, this recipe was really EXCELLENT! My parents loved it and so did I. A big "THANK U" to your mom from me and my family and ofcourse to U for sharing this:)