Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This seems pretty basic but sounds great. Another recipe from Studio 5.
- 1 (14 ounce) package angel food cake mix (or sponge cake)
- 6 ounces French vanilla pudding mix (or favorite pudding recipe)
- 5 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 6 ounces Jello gelatin (or gelatin mix)
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced or 4 fruit, of choice
- 4 cups strawberries, sliced (or other fruit of choice)
- mint leaf (garnish)
- whipped cream (garnish)
- Beat together cake mix, 1 1/4 cups milk, and eggs for 3 minute Pour batter into two greased and floured 9 X 3 pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 min, or until cake is done. Cool cake and remove from pans. Set aside.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions (or prepare favorite custard recipe)** Set aside.
- Place one layer of cake in a clean 9 X 13 pan (glass pan allows dessert to be seen). Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes over cake. Prepare jello according to the quick set method on package directions. Chill until jello is thick and beginning to set. Spread half the jello over first layer of cake (jello should still be runny enough to run down inside poked holes). Arrange 1/2 the sliced fruit on top setting jello. Carefully spread about 1/3 the pudding over fruit. Poke holes in second layer of cake. Place cake on top of fruit, lightly press cake down. Carefully spoon remaining jello on top of cake and allow it to run down inside holes. Arrange remaining slices of fruit on cake. Carefully spread pudding over fruit. Refrigerate Trifle 2-4 hours to set. Cut into squares to serve. Garnish with additional slices of fruit and dollop of whip cream.