Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my Mum's recipe from New Zealand with many variations, it can be on the table in 10 minutes! Good variations are - raspberry and chocolate, banana and chocolate, strawberry and chocolate, banana and butterscotch, banana and raspberry--you decide.
- You also need 1 Cadbury Flake chocolate bar.
- Drain the fruit, reserving the juice.
- Break the sponge into pieces and layer in and up the sides of the serving bowl.
- Put a tbsp at a time of the reserved cocktail juice - you don't want it soggy, but you don't want it hard either. You should have a fair bit of juice left.
- Make one of the pudding mixes with 300ml milk and pour onto the sponges.
- Using a knife, poke around a bit to make sure the mixture gets right down to the bottom to mix it through.
- Put the fruit on top of that, make the other pudding with the remaining 300ml milk and pour that on top of the fruit.
- Again using a knife, poke around a bit to make sure the mixture gets right down to the bottom to mix it through.
- Whip the cream with the icing sugar and put on top of the last pudding mix and crumble the flake over the whipped cream.
- Leave in the fridge about 5-10 minutes (or more) before serving.
- Brilliant for breakfast the next day.