Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is DH's niece's recipe. She brings to family gatherings often. I've made it also with other fruits. Even once with choc. pudding, nuts and mini marshmallows
- 1 lb poundcake or 1 lb angel food cake, cut in to chunks
- 2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package raspberries, frozen
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (6 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- Divide cake, oranges and raspberries into thirds.
- Layer one third into Trifle bowl, make pudding according to pkg directions and pour 1/3 over.
- Repeat layers.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Just before serving, top with cool whip.
I love this trifle! I made it with angel food cake instead. I used strawberries to layer with and placed fresh raspberries on the top of real whipped cream . A huge hit and yummy surprise for my mom's birthday celebration!
I really enjoyed this. It was easy to make and very tasty. The only trouble I had was with the layering, but I think that was because my bowl was too wide. Our guest loved it and took the leftovers home. I will try it again and see if I do better as far as the appearance goes. I didn't change anything because it sounded great just the way it was. Thank you!