1/1 Photo of Tried & True Lasagna
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is THE ONE every bride should have in her recipe box; it is the way to the groom's heart as well as the in-laws! Not soupy or pathetic, but hearty and "come hither!" Plan to bring an empty pan home if you take this to the church potluck!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 -12 lasagna noodles, cooked & held in cool water
- 1 1/2 lbs ground meat (beef, Ital. sausage, turkey, venison)
- 1 (28 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, grated (divided)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (topping)
- 1Cook the pasta and hold in a pot of lukewarm water; set aside.
- 2Brown the meat, then add sauce, soup, seasonings; let simmer for a few minutes to meld the flavors. Feel free to add some water to keep the sauce "loose" --
- 3In a small bowl, mix cottage cheese and parmesan cheese; set aside.
- 4Preheat oven to 350.
- 5Layer in pan in the following order --
- 6Three to four noodles, HALF the meat sauce.
- 7Three to four noodles, half the cottage-parmesan cheese (spread dollops out evenly).
- 8Three to four noodles, sprinkle two cups of mozzarella cheese.
- 9Three to four noodles, remaining meat, cottage-parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese.
- 10Finish with remaining parmesan.
- 11Pop in the oven for 60 minutes; let stand 10-15 minutes before serving (easier to cut and serve).
- 12NO COOK NOODLE METHOD: Leave lasagna uncooked; use same number of noodles, just spread them out so they are evenly distributed in their layers. When all layers are in the pan, pour in about 1/2 to 3/4 cup very HOT water around edges. Cover pan TIGHTLY with foil to create a steamy environment. Check the noodles after 1 hr 15 minutes; if soft, remove foil completely (you might want to add a bit extra cheese at this point), pop back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes to get golden brown and bubbly.
- 13NOTE: use any combination of meat or all of one kind--whatever you like!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tried & True Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.0
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 52.0 mg
- Sodium 1369.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: