Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
I made these this evening and they were gone in picoseconds! Dad, mom and me fell in love with these elegant and pretty snack delights!
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, for greasing
- 6 slices bread
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk (I use Homemade)
- 6 tablespoons coconut, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- To make these delicious coconut fingers, firstly remove the brown edges of the bread slices and cut each slice into two lengthwise.
- Grease a microwave proof dish and place these bread slices in it.
- Place on a high rack.
- Grill for 5 minutes at 250 degrees C.
- Turn the bread slices over.
- Spread sweetened condensed milk followed by grated coconut on the soft side of each bread slice piece.
- Grill for another 5 minutes at 250 degrees C.
- Allow standing time of 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Place on another plate.
- Keep airtight until you wish to serve these.
- Otherwise, enjoy munching on these side-by-side with a cup of hot tea!