Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've had many different and tasty potato salads, but I always come back to this one. While it is creamy enough, the vinegar gives it a nice tang that I really like. This is real comfort food to me!
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cups , cooked peeled, and cubed Russet potatoes (I steam them in the microwave)
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- In the bottom of large serving bowl, whisk together vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, and mayonnaise until well combined.
- Add in celery, onion, potatoes, and eggs. Stir to combine well.
- Refrigerate until serving time. (The longer it chills, the better the flavors develop.).
Loved this potato salad!! I made it as written and it is tangy, but I love a tangy potato salad and was different from the normal mustard potato salad. My son's girlfriend loved it too and took half of the leftovers home. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Will definitely be a repeat at our house. Made for Culinary Quest 2015.
Tangy and flavorful. It was just on the edge of the right amt of vinegar. Made for PAC 2013.
This was very good. Nice taste to it. I added about 1/2 tsp more of sugar as it was a little too much on the tangy side. Made for New Zaar Tag.