Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From my Middle School. We made them with apple in school and at home I made them with a banana instead.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line or grease a 12 muffin tin.
- In a medium size bowl, beat the egg with a fork and add the milk, oil and either the banana or apple.
- In a large bowl, blend the dry ingredients together.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients then add the wet ingredients into the well and stir with a fork until just moistened-DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups 2/3 fill and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool on a rack before eating.
I changed quite some of the ingredient, so I was not sure I can rate this. But since this is the 'basic recipe' I used, I must give it a thumb up. Though on my first try, it tasted a bit bland but I love thess muffins since they stayed soft after days. And it's easy to make, been making this with my 2 years old son. The canges I made is, I used whole wheat flour instead of white flour, I replaced oil with apple sauce and double the banana, and add a bit vanilla on the wet ingredients. I'm thinking to add oatmeal next time. Thank you!
Can I just say - THANK YOU! I was planning on making something yummy for my dad tomorrow and it was a toss up between these and some cupcakes on another site. I went with the cupcakes, and ended up with 12 tasteless hockey pucks and a bit of a broken spirit. I decided to go with these muffins after chucking the others away. It's now 9:22pm and these banana muffins are in the oven - and they look AMAZING! You totally saved me with this recipe as I was out of butter and it's hard to come across a good baking recipe without it. Thank you thank you! I shoulda just made these from the start, they look great.
I just pulled a pan out of the oven! Smells delish! I did make some changes, but minor. I added some nutmeg, I'm going to guess about 1/3 tsp. I found that I love nutmeg! I also baked these in a larger muffin tin, so i got 6 large sized muffins and cooked about 20 minutes maybe 25 I have to admit I wasn't paying attention haha. They are a nice golden colour, and the fork I inserted (no toothpicks here :() came out clean. Can't wait until they are cooled!