Recipe by picky-picky
From my Middle School. We made them with apple in school and at home I made them with a banana instead.
Top Review by engie.jp
I changed quite some of the ingredient, so I was not sure I can rate this. But since this is the 'basic recipe' I used, I must give it a thumb up. Though on my first try, it tasted a bit bland but I love thess muffins since they stayed soft after days. And it's easy to make, been making this with my 2 years old son. The canges I made is, I used whole wheat flour instead of white flour, I replaced oil with apple sauce and double the banana, and add a bit vanilla on the wet ingredients. I'm thinking to add oatmeal next time. Thank you!
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 bananas, mashed or 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line or grease a 12 muffin tin.
- In a medium size bowl, beat the egg with a fork and add the milk, oil and either the banana or apple.
- In a large bowl, blend the dry ingredients together.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients then add the wet ingredients into the well and stir with a fork until just moistened-DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups 2/3 fill and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool on a rack before eating.