Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy to make and never fails!! A staple in my family for years. Don't leave out the pepper, it adds a lot of flavor.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (32 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 (30 ounce) cans chili beans
- 3 teaspoons chili powder (or more)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In large stock pot saute onion until soft.
- Add ground beef and cook and stir until no longer pink.
- Add all remaining and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
I had never mad chilli before. And this recipe was so good that it will be what i use from now on.
Hey my family loved this one..no left overs...so it has to be a good one...Thank You ...
Super easy chili recipe that makes enough for a big crowd. My family loved it and we had enough leftovers for three lunch/dinner servings. I made a few minor changes--using low-sodium V-8 instead of tomato juice and skipped the salt--with no apparent problems. Thanks Inez for another winner recipe.