1/1 Photo of Tricolor Vegetable Latkes
We are serving a latkes buffet for the first night of Chanukah and I want to include this recipe. It sounds very interesting! Not only for Chanukah, especially if the vegetables can't be seen, perfect for picky eaters! Coastal Living Magazine, 11/2007 edition. Chef Judy Gallagher. I allowed for resting time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 yellow squash, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 small leek, sliced
- 1 large baking potato, peeled
- 1/2 sweet potato, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons matzo meal
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- canola oil
- 4 ounces thinly sliced cold smoked salmon (optional)
- sour cream
- caviar (optional)
- 1Arrange grated zucchini and squash on a large baking pan; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- 2Let vegetables rest 15 minutes.
- 3Drain well, pressing between paper towels, and set aside.
- 4Heat 1 teaspoon canola oil in a small sauté pan, and sauté leek 3 minutes or until soft; set aside.
- 5Grate potatoes, and press between paper towels to remove excess water.
- 6Place potatoes in a large bowl; add zucchini, squash, leek, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, and stir gently.
- 7Add red onion and next 6 ingredients, stirring gently to combine.
- 8Heat 2 to 4 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 9Spoon heaping tablespoons of latke mixture, if you have one use a scoop, squeeze out extra liquid, and form into flat patties.
- 10Fry latkes, in batches, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- 11Remove from skillet, and drain on paper towels.
- 12Top each with a piece of smoked salmon, a dollop of sour cream, and caviar.
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tricolor Vegetable Latkes
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.8
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 575.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 3.3 g