Ellie Krieger's dinner for four under $10.00. The Food Network chef offers up a healthy steak dish - "Healthy Appetite with Ellie Kirieger" airs Saturday's at 8:30 am on Food Network.;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 lbs top round beef or 1 1/2 lbs london broil beef or 1 1/2 lbs flank steaks, thinly sliced
- 5 large assorted bell peppers (red, yellow, orange, green)
- 1 large onion, sliced into half moons
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 5 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1Heat 2 tsp of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the beef and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- 3Transfer meat with its juice to a plate (keep warm.).
- 4Heat the remaining 2 tsp of oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Add the peppers (cut into strips) and onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- 6Add the garlic and continue cooking until the peppers are softened and the onions are trasnlucent, about 5 minutes more.
- 7Return the beef and juices to the skillet and add the broth, wine, soy sauce and pepper; bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid has reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- 9Stir in the dissolved cornstarch and cook until the mixture thuickens, about 2 minutes.
- 10Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tricolor Pepper Steak
Serving Size: 1 (625 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.1
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 93.5 mg
- Sodium 779.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 45.7 g