Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 250 g pasta
- 1 big ripe pear
- lemon juice (for sprinkling)
- 250 g small ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 125 g cottage cheese, diced
- 1 cup basil leaves, shredded
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water add the pasta.
- Stir once and boil for 10 12 minutes till pasta becomes tender.
- Drain the pasta and then hold under cold running water for little while.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Toss in a little oil to prevent it from sticking.
- Place the pasta in a bowl.
- Peel stone and dice the pear.
- Toss in the lemon juice to prevent it from discoloration.
- Add this to the pasta along with tomatoes, cottage cheese and basil.
- In a small bowl place the mayonnaise, salad oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Whisk together with a fork.
- Just before serving, pour it over the salad and toss lightly.