Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's an interesting and colorful quiche recipe!
- 2⁄3 lb spinach, frozen & defrosted or fresh
- 6 big carrots, peeled and boiled
- 3 big potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese (or use 2 pkgs low-fat cheese)
- 7 -8 ounces swiss cheese, shredded (200 gram)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 dash hot paprika
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- For frozen spinach: cook over low heat until liquid evaporates. Fresh spinach: wash and boil only in water clinging to the leaves until tender. Drain, chop, and place in bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the cooked carrots.
- In another bowl, mash the cooked potatoes.
- In yet another bowl, mix the cheeses, flour, milk, eggs, white pepper, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Divide into 3 equal portions and place a portion into each of the other bowls of spinach, carrot, and potatoes.
- Mix contents of all three bowls well.
- Butter a deep 14x4-inch pan.
- Spoon in potato mixture and bake in 375 degrees F (190 C) for 8 minutes.
- Spoon in the carrot mixture and bake 8 more minutes.
- Now spoon in the spinach mixture and bake 45 minutes or until everything sets.
- Turn off the oven, but leave the quiche in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, then let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Didn't follow the recipe exactly; here are the deviations: Made two 11" pans; both had a layer of potatoes and a layer of ham; one had a layer of carrots and the other was topped with a layer of spinach. I ate the potato/ham/spinach quiche and loved it. DH ate the potato/ham/carrot quiche and thought that it was okay. (I'm allergic to carrots.) I'd make it again for me! Thank you for posting.