Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
A one-dish chicken entree; nice if you like tarragon.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- cooking spray
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken parts or 1 1⁄2 lbs boned chicken parts, with or without skin (breasts, thighs, drumsticks)
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3 medium red potatoes, sliced thin
- 3⁄4 lb broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sprinkle salt and 1/2 of the tarragon on the chicken.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and brown chicken slowly over medium low heat, fleshy side down, then turn, brown other side and remove to a plate.
- Sauté mushrooms and potatoes in pan drippings 5 minutes.
- Remove and spread on bottom of a 2-quart casserole.
- Cover with broccoli.
- Place chicken on top.
- In small saucepan, melt 2 Tbs butter and sauté onion.
- Stir in lemon juice and rest of tarragon; pour over casserole.
- Bake, covered with lid or foil, at 375° 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes more.
This was a wonderful dinner recipe! We used chicken breasts...but followed recipe as written. (the times were just a bit quicker) This is a simple and delicious recipe!