Recipe by Kim127
Blueberries, strawberries and raspberries!
Top Review by BrendaM
These were awesome Kim! I had a bag of mixed berries in the freezer and was looking for a way to use them up. These are so moist and tasty! I followed the recipe to a 'T'. The tops were so nice and crispy.. just the way we like them! I'll certainly be making these again, but I might try using Splenda to cut back on the sugar (and calories) a bit. Thanks for sharing!
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 teaspoons ground cinnamon (more or less to taste)
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup diced strawberry
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place paper liners in muffin tins or grease.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, 1 1/2 cups sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix together the milk and eggs.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour the milk and egg mixture into the well along with the melted butter.
- Stir quickly just to combine.
- Gently fold in berries.
- Spoon the batter into the cups, filling each one almost to the top.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake about 20 minutes, until brown and crusty.