Recipe by Pinay0618
I love the little bit of heat added by green chiles. Recipe is from Midwest Living.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- cream-style corn
- 4 ounces American cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 10 saltine crackers, coarsely crushed (1/3 cup)
- 1⁄2 of a 4 -ounce can diced green chili pepper, drained (3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, stir together eggs, corn, cheese, milk, crushed crackers, chile peppers, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-quart au gratin or shallow baking dish. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the center appears set. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.