2 hrs 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This is a super popular salad at a local restaurant. I've looked for the recipe for ages,and an al.com blog finally posted it! It is VERY easy, it just looks like it takes longer than it does because of the roastinga nd blanching. Prep time is mostly letting the beets roast and letting the salad stand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb golden beets, roasted and peeled (see below)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lb asparagus, blanched and chopped (see below)
- 1 pot salt water
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup red wine vinaigrette
- 1Toss all ingredients and let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2To Roast Beets: Wash beets well in cold running water. Place beets in a baking dish and coat them with extra virgin olive oil.
- 3Put 1/2 cup of water into the baking dish along with bay leaves and thyme.
- 4Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 1 hour in a 350-degree oven.
- 5Allow beets to cool and then wipe off the skin with paper towel. Dice beets into 1/4-inch cubes. (Note: Be careful not to overcook or the beets will become mushy.).
- 6To Blanch Asparagus: Bring a pot of salted water to a simmer. Trim off ends of asparagus and place them into the simmering water until they turn bright green, about 3 to 5 minutes. As soon as they turn bright green remove them from the simmer and place them into cold water. Once they have cooled chop into bite-size pieces.
- 7For vinaigrette: Add all ingredients to a blender and mix on high until well incorporated, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tria Market's Beet and Asparagus Salad
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.9
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 404.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red wine vinaigrette