Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
It's our favorite marinade for tri-tip. The original recipe is from the Food Network site, but I've changed it so much that I claim it as my own :) It's SO tender and flavorful!! Marinate for at least 6 hours or over night. This is enough marinade for a 2-3 lb. tri-tip.
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml corn oil
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 14.79 ml seasoning salt
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 14.79 ml Kitchen Bouquet, browning & seasoning sauce
- 1 tri-tip steak, trimmed
- Combine all ingredients except tri-tip in a zip-lock bag.
- Add tri-tip and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- We grill ours slowly over coals is best, but gas is fine. We will be smoking it this summer too.
This is an excellant marinade and I will definately use it again. It has the most wonerful flavor. Thank you:)
This marinade was GREAT! I didn't have any garlic cloves, so I used 1.5 teaspoons of minced garlic instead; otherwise I didn't change a thing!
I've made this several times now and have really enjoyed it. I was afraid it would be too salty but it was delightful and delicious. Thanks.