Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
It's our favorite marinade for tri-tip. The original recipe is from the Food Network site, but I've changed it so much that I claim it as my own :) It's SO tender and flavorful!! Marinate for at least 6 hours or over night. This is enough marinade for a 2-3 lb. tri-tip.
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Kitchen Bouquet, browning & seasoning sauce
- 1 tri-tip steak, trimmed
- Combine all ingredients except tri-tip in a zip-lock bag.
- Add tri-tip and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- We grill ours slowly over coals is best, but gas is fine. We will be smoking it this summer too.
This is an excellant marinade and I will definately use it again. It has the most wonerful flavor. Thank you:)
This marinade was the best. I made it about a month ago. First time I didn't have enough time to marinade for 6 hours and it was delicious my family loved it. Today I am marinating it for the full 6 hours. I know it's going to taste even better, if that's possible.
We've used this marinate several times and it has a great flavor. One thing I added to it was 2 TB of apple cider vinegar. Think I'd heard somewhere that vinegar is a tenderizer, it seems to add a little extra yumminess:}