Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
It's our favorite marinade for tri-tip. The original recipe is from the Food Network site, but I've changed it so much that I claim it as my own :) It's SO tender and flavorful!! Marinate for at least 6 hours or over night. This is enough marinade for a 2-3 lb. tri-tip.
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Kitchen Bouquet, browning & seasoning sauce
- 1 tri-tip steak, trimmed
- Combine all ingredients except tri-tip in a zip-lock bag.
- Add tri-tip and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- We grill ours slowly over coals is best, but gas is fine. We will be smoking it this summer too.
This is an excellant marinade and I will definately use it again. It has the most wonerful flavor. Thank you:)
Love this recipe! I've used it many times with tri-tip and other cuts of beef. I've left out the kitchen bouquet, and I do punch holes in the meat both sides before putting in marinade for excellent tenderness on the grill
Oh..and I've never used the Kitchen Bouquet seasoning, I always use brown gravy mix instead (just the powder) and it works great.