Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers, drained and cut in strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 16 ounces linguine
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet.
- Add onion; cook over medium heat 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove vegetables from skillet; add chicken and cook about 15 minutes over medium-high heat, turning until evenly brown.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Return vegetables to skillet.
- Stir in roasted peppers, bell pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Pour lasagna sauce over chicken and vegetables; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is tender and no longer pink when tested with tip of knife.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions; drain.
- Serve chicken with linguine.