Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This looks very good--I'm always looking for new good salad recipes and this one comes from Kathleen Daeleman's show Cooking Thin. (Prep time includes sitting time).
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse grained salt
- cracked black pepper
Tri-Colored Vegetable Salad
- 1 lb green beans, ends trimmed,blanched to al dente
- 4 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 4 small beets, peeled and shredded
- For the Mustard Vinaigrette: In a small bowl whisk together all ingredients.
- Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- For the Tricolored Vegetable Salad: Place vegetables in three separate small bowl bowls.
- Pour 1/3 of the dressing over each vegetable.
- Toss to combine.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper if needed.
- Let stand for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Serve on platter in separate mounds.