Recipe by taraflynn
I like this recipe because I have a picky husband and if he likes it, everyone will like it.
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 2 -32 ounces chicken broth
- italian seasoning
- 8 ounces hot Italian sausage
- 8 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
- 0.5 (8 ounce) bag frozen green beans
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In large sauce pan add the can of paste and the chicken broth, mix well.
- Add desired amount of italian seasoning. Cook over medium heat.
- Cook sausages in frying pan until they are brown and cooked about half way through.
- Remove the sausages to a cutting board, slice them, add them back to the pan & cook thoroughly. Add sausages to the broth.
- In another pot bring water to a boil, add tortellini, cook halfway, add tortellini to the broth.
- In the same pot bring water to a boil, cook green beans half way, add beans to the broth.
- Bring the soup mixture to a slight boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, cut up italian bread into slices, butter each piece, sprinkle garlic powder & salt on each piece. Broil 5 min before soup is ready.