Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
A cold-plate salad perfect for warm weather
- 1 lb fresh broccoli
- 2 cups tri-colored pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar (or balsamic)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- Cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces and steam until tender-crisp.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Rinse with cool water, drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, pasta, and beans.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, vinegar, mustard, and basil. Add this to pasta mixture and mix well.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.