Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad by Bobby Flay represents the three colors of the Italian Flag. Very simple to make and the flavors pair well with traditonal Italian dishes.
- 2 spears endive, washed, dried, and coarsely chopped
- 1 small radicchio, washed, dried, and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 lb baby arugula, washed, dried, and thinly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- shaved parmesan cheese
- Combine all 3 lettuces in large bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Whisk the mustard, vinegar, and oil together in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- Top with shavings of Parmesan.
This was part of our Italian Feast. I had been wanting to try endive and radicchio, these were great with the arugula. Definitely expanded my horizons. Made for Culinary Quest.
I LOVE this salad! *and* I got the radicchio for the price of a red onion. ;) Made for Culinary Quest 2014/CCQ.
Had this for lunch today. Nice salad to make. Liked the dressing but I did not add the salt and pepper...