This salad by Bobby Flay represents the three colors of the Italian Flag. Very simple to make and the flavors pair well with traditonal Italian dishes.
- 2 spears endive, washed, dried, and coarsely chopped
- 1 small radicchio, washed, dried, and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 lb baby arugula, washed, dried, and thinly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- shaved parmesan cheese
- Combine all 3 lettuces in large bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Whisk the mustard, vinegar, and oil together in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- Top with shavings of Parmesan.