1/1 Photo of Tri-Colore Orzo
Giada De Laurentiis recipe that is awesome. I made this to take camping and add to a potluck. It was so easy and it keeps so well. I use a Spring Mix instead of Arugula and use whole wheat orzo. I make big batches and take it for lunch at work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh arugula (about 3 ounces)
- 3/4 cup crumbled ricotta salata (or feta cheese)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 12 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2Drain pasta and put the pasta on a large cookie sheet.
- 3Drizzle the pasta with 3 tablespoons olive oil, toss, spread out, and set aside to cool.
- 4Once the orzo is cool, transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss gently to combine. Serve.
- 5Prep time doesn't include cooling time for orzo but it does cool rather quickly.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tri-Colore Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.3
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 882.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: