Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in Reader's Digest. I'm posting it for safekeeping.
Make and share this Tri-Color Pepper Steaks recipe from Food.com.
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs top round beef or 1 1⁄4 lbs london broil beef or 1 1⁄4 lbs flank steaks, thinly sliced
- 5 large assorted bell peppers (a mix of red, yellow and green, 2 lbs total)
- 1 large onion, sliced into half-moons (about 3 cups)
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Heat 2 tsp oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer meat with its juices to a plate.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking until peppers are softened and onions are translucent, about 5 minutes more.
- Return beef and juices to skillet and add broth, wine, soy sauce, and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid has been reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Stir in dissolved cornstarch and cook until mixture thickens, about 2 minutes. Serve over rice.