Recipe by txzuckerbaeckerin
Wonderful recipe to use leftover chicken of any kind. Cooking time includes chilling time.
- 12 ounces rotini pasta, tri-color (ie Barilla)
- 1 lb chicken meat, cooked cubed
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 teaspoons capers (optional)
- 6 lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rotini according to directions on the package; drain.
- Cut all peppers in smaller pieces.
- Combine with the drained and cooled down rotini, cooked chicken breast cubes and parsley.
- In a separate bowl, make the vinaigrette with oil, vinegar, zest (and optional chopped capers).
- Mix all together and season to taste.
- Chill covered in fridge for 30 minutes for the flavors to mix.
- Serve on a lettuce leaf.