Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My sons all time favorite dip. He insists on being the ONLY taster when preparing it. It has been in our family for ages. I would NOT recommend using mayonnaise inplace if the Miracle Whip. The flavor would not be correct. This is great with chips, raw veggies even spread on bagels and sandwiches.
- Place all ingredients except onion in a large bowl.
- Peel onion.
- Grate onion into cream cheese mixture. Add as much as you think you will need (depends on strength of onion).
- With a hand blender, mix all till well blended.
- Taste, adjust seasonings. (you may want more onion, Worcestershire sauce, etc.).
- Add more milk if necessary to bring to your desired "dipability".
Made this and forgot to review it. Wonderful dip; very oniony, but I love onions. I grated half and chopped half for texture; then add some chopped chives(onion family) and use season salt. Yummmers. Tell Trevor--loved it!
This is better than ANY dip you would ever buy in a store. DS ate almost the entire bowl before giving the rest of us a bite! DON'T get too close to him though...he sure smells like an onion! Michelle, thanks for posting such a great recipe....MY DS loves it as much as yours does!!