Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
We worked years to perfect the seasonings as most mixes were too salty for our taste. We laugh everytime we make it as the dogs go crazy. They know I have mixing issues (it goes all over), so it's like Pavlovs dogs every 15 minutes while it's cooking! Everyone goes racing into the kitchen! YIKES!!
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 1 cup Wheat Chex
- 1 cup Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 cup pretzel
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup mini garlic bagel chips
- 1 cup cheese nip cracker
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons lawrys seasoning salt
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place butter in a 13x9 inch pan.
- Melt in oven.
- Add all seasonings and mix WELL.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Bake 15 minutes, stir well.
- Bake another 15 minutes, stir well.
- Bake another 15 Minutes, stir well.
- Bake another 15 miutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool on paper toweling.
- Beware of poachers!
Used your recipe for a Basket I was making as a Thank You gift, was a huge hit. What I didn't put in the basket, I took to work and it vanished in seconds... will be making your version often.. I like that it didn't have an overwhelming seasoning flavor.. Thanks for sharing
I picked this recipe mostly for the "sauce". I love how, like you said, it's not too salty. I did my own mix, however, to suit my family and what I was trying to accomplish: a healthy salty/sweet snack to keep around for my children. Here's what I put in, just in case anyone else want s to know. 4 cups Rice Chex, 2 cups wheat chex, and one cup each of multigrain cheerios, pretzels, peanuts, raisins, dried cranberries and dark chocolate chips. Followed your instructions, leaving out the dried fruit and chocolate, then added those once the entire mixture was completely cooled. Needless to say, it turned out PERFECT, and now my 3 year old won't leave me alone to give him more. Thank you! PS, the whole thing fit EXACTLY perfectly in the container I had been dying to use, so if I could give you more stars just on that point, I would. ;)
I knew I would love this, and I wasn't disappointed...it's great!! I've had it in my cookbook for so long and made it tonight for tomorrow's office feeding frenzy/gift exchange. I know everyone will enjoy it.