Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Celery sticks stuffed with a cream cheese and olive mixture. This was on Mom's table every Thanksgiving and is now a must on mine.
- 1 bunch celery
- 226.79 g brick cream cheese, softened
- 141.74 g jar pimento stuffed olives (sliced)
- 141.74 g can black olives (sliced)
- 14.79 ml mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- Trim ends of celery and cut each stalk on the diagnal into 2 or 2 inch pieces.
- Combine cream cheese, olives and mayo in mixing bowl.
- Season with salt (go easy olives are salty) and pepper.
- Spread mixture into celery sticks.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
Great appetizer, the only thing i did different was not to add any salt, and everyone really liked this, even my youngest sister who hates green olives! Thank you Richard for sharing this recipe.
Made this for my card club and they adored it!!!! I was lazy and didn't stuff the celery. Served the spread in a bowl with celery and crackers on the side.
Positively addicting!!! I chopped my olives instead of slicing them for a smoother spreading texture. I also added a splash of the green olive brine to the mixture for added creaminess. My mouth is watering even as I write this review. It's perfect. Crunching cool celery, the creamy cheese and the earthiness of the olives are a taste sensation when put together. You can even use fat free ingredients and it's still perfect. Richard..your mother is a genious!