Recipe by Richard-NYC
A hearty meatless stuffed pepper
Top Review by JoAnn
Absolutely wonderful stuffed peppers. I will never make them any other way again. I used an Italian Blend shredded cheese to top them and they were great. One word of caution, and this was entirely MY fault. Follow step 4 and don't have your mixture too thick. I didn't thin the mixture like I should have and the filling was a little denser than they should have been. BUT!, the peppers were still delicious. Thank you Richard for sharing such a great recipe.
- 3 bell peppers
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups flavored breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut peppers lenghtwise and seed.
- Beat 4 eggs with water.
- Stir in breadcrumbs, cheese, and parsley.
- The consistancy should be like wet sand---add a little more water if necessary.
- Spoon filling into peppers.
- Place in baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Filling should be firm.
- Spoon sauce over peppers and top each with a slice of cheese.
- Reutrn to oven 5 minutes or until cheese melts.