Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom's very easy and tasty lemon pound cake. It starts with a cake mix.
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix (2 layer size)
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl with an electric mixer until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared tube pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.
Absolute perfection describes this cake to a "tee". I usually do 1 cup water and 1/4c. lemon juice as I like a nice tart cake. This is perfect just topped with powdered sugar..but to kick it up a bit I will do a lemon glaze, and to REALLY dazzle...try drizzling raspberry sauce then a dollop of whipped cream! The ultimate lemon poundcake! If you are looking for a moist decadent lemony confection...look no further.