Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I'm asked to bring this pot roast to all of the church dinners. It is soooo goood! If you have any roast left over try my Sweet and Spice Soft Tacos!
- Cut slits in roast, poke garlic slices in holes.
- Salt and pepper meat.
- Brown in oil in a large pot -- something deep that can go into the oven.
- Remove meat and set aside.
- Add soup and mix to pot add 2 cans of water.
- Let come to a boil.
- Add meat back to pot.
- Add enough water to cover meat good.
- Add onion and bay leaves.
- Cover with lid or foil.
- Bake at 350 for 4 to 5 hours.
- Check on the liquid every so often you may have to add water.
- 45 minutes before it's done add potatoes and carrots.