Recipe by Chief Teer
This is a interesting and wonderful strawberry mousse that my Daughter Silvia loves. She is a strawberry fanatic!
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 85.04 g packet unflavored gelatin
- 59.14 ml cold water
- 473.18 ml strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 59.14 ml sugar, extra fine granulated
- 236.59 ml cream, chilled heavy
- 44.37 ml sugar, powdered
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in saucepan: Let stand for 1 minute to soften.
- Stir over low heat until gelitan is dissolved (about 1 minute).
- Remove from heat.
- Place berries, extra fine granulated sugar and gelatin mixture in food processor or blender.
- Whirl to puree. Pour into bowl, chill until mixture mounds when dropped from a spoon (1 Hour).
- Beat cream and powdered sugar in chilled bowl until soft peaks form.
- Stir 1/4 of cream into strawberry puree to lighten mixture.
- Fold in remaining cream.
- Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Cooking time is chill time!