Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love to use this jelly to make a cheese dish at chistmas by mixing a small jar and pouring over 8 ozs. cream cheese, then serving it with ritz crackers.Makes a great and unusual dish for holiday meals.
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package dry pectin
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red-hot candies
- Combine apple juice and pectin in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover with plastic bring to a boil on HIGH setting in the microwae for about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Stir twice during cooking.
- Remove from microwave; add sugar and red hots, stirring well.
- Return to the microwave and cook until the mixture returns to a rolling boil, about 10 or 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and skim any foam.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Cap and Seal.
- Process 5 minutes in a boiling water canner.