Recipe by Chief Teer
"Good with hamburger, cheese sandwich, egg salad sandwich and as a pickle with regular meals."
Top Review by Secret Agent
Almost as easy as making tea! I used cider vinegar and a little extra tabasco. 5 stars for simplicity and 6 stars for flavor even after a few hours let alone a few days. Do yourself a favor and make two pints of these because they won't last long once they are on the table. Thanks for posting - I love pickles! SA UPDATE ON THIS: My friend Patty tasted these onions and swiped the whole jar for her hubby.............
- 1⁄2 large onion
- boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar or 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut onion into thin slices. Separate into rings and put into a two cup sterilized jar.
- Pour boiling water over to cover onions. Allow to cool, then drain.
- Mix together vinegar, water, sugar, salt and hot pepper sauce and bring to a boil. Pour over onion rings.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 2 days before using.
- Store in refrigerator up to 2 months.