1/4 Photos of Tres Leches (Three-Milk Cake)
1 hr 15 mins
Grace Lynn's Note:
Dairy products effectively neutralize the heat of chilies. Cool off after a spicy Mexican meal with this cake. This is my most requested tres leches recipe and the simplest to make!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, with a mixer on high speed (use whip attachment if available), beat eggs and sugar until thick and pale yellow, 5 to 6 minutes.
- 2In a small bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
- 3With mixer on medium speed, gradually add flour mixture in small increments and beat until smooth.
- 4Scrape batter into a buttered 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
- 5Bake in a 325 degree oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, in a blender, whirl condensed milk, evaporated milk, regular milk, Kahlua, and vanilla until well blended.
- 7Pour evenly over hot cake; let cool about 15 minutes, then cover and chill until cake has absorbed all the milk mixture, at least 3 hours, or up to 1 day.
- 8Cut cake into squares or rectangles, lift out with a wide spatula, and set on plates.
- 9Top each piece of cake with a spoonful of whipped cream and garnish with strawberries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tres Leches (Three-Milk Cake)
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.9
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 146.3 mg
- Sodium 221.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 45.8 g
- Protein 11.5 g