Recipe by Rita~
Tes Leches translates to 3 milks which make this so very moist! I add hazelnut creamer to the 3 milks so I thought I should name it Cuatro Leches. You will not be disappointed. This looks hard but is a very easy cake and well worth it.
Top Review by under12parsecs
What a delight! It is definitely worth the effort. With the beautifully flavored spongy layers soaking up all that sweet, creamy goodness and the berries ripe and sweet, you will be in dessert hog-heaven :) Love, love, loved the hazelnut/almond/strawberry flavors together! I was SO hoping for leftovers, but alas, my party guests scarfed down every last crumb! I added some almond and vanilla extracts to both the whipped cream and the cake batter, otherwise made as stated. Thank you Rita for a fabulous cuatro leches cake!
- 2 (680.38 g) can evaporated milk
- 2 (793.78 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 354.88 ml hazelnut-flavored liquid coffee creamer, i used international delites
- 236.59 ml whipping cream or 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 14.79 ml hazelnut-flavored liqueur or 4.92 ml almond extract
- 510.29 g box vanilla cake mix
- 177.44 ml softened unsalted butter
- 7 eggs
- 118.29 ml water
- 709.77 ml sliced strawberries
- 236.59 ml whipping cream, well chilled
- 177.44 ml powdered sugar
- 4.92 ml almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 10 inch spring for pan, set aside.
- Tres Leches sauce --.
- In a large pot bring all 4 milks (first four ingredients)to a boil stirring frequently. Remove from heat stir in extract and chill in a large bowl covered.
- Cake --.
- Beat the box cake, butter, eggs and water on low speed to mix in then at medium for 2 minutes.
- Take note of picture batter will be thick. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Shut oven off and open door to cool cake 30 minutes.
- Remove side of pan place on a wire rack remove to cool completely.
- Line a large container (I used a plastic cake carrier inverted) with plastic wrap going over the sides.
- Cut cake in half with a serrated knife to make 2 layers.
- Place top half cut side up in container. Top with strawberries top with bottom of cake cut side down.
- Using a wooden skewer poke plenty of holes in cake not going through the plastic wrap on the bottom.
- Pour slowly 4 cups of sauce over cake. Wrap over hanging plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate cake and remaining sauce over night.
- One hour before serving pour 1-1/2 cups more sauce then return to chill.
- Topping --.
- Whip cream sugar and extract till stiff peaks form.
- Assembly --.
- Remove cake from refrigerator uncover and carefully invert onto a serving platter with a raised edge so cream won `t run off the platter.
- Remove wrap and spread whipped cream.
- Serve with the chilled reserved cream.