1/22 Photos of Tres Leches Hazelnut Cake (Cuatro Leches )
1 hr 20 mins
Tes Leches translates to 3 milks which make this so very moist! I add hazelnut creamer to the 3 milks so I thought I should name it Cuatro Leches. You will not be disappointed. This looks hard but is a very easy cake and well worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups hazelnut-flavored liquid coffee creamer, i used international delites
- 1 cup whipping cream or 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut-flavored liqueur or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (18 ounce) box vanilla cake mix
- 3/4 cup softened unsalted butter
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup whipping cream, well chilled
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 10 inch spring for pan, set aside.
- 2Tres Leches sauce --.
- 3In a large pot bring all 4 milks (first four ingredients)to a boil stirring frequently. Remove from heat stir in extract and chill in a large bowl covered.
- 4Cake --.
- 5Beat the box cake, butter, eggs and water on low speed to mix in then at medium for 2 minutes.
- 6Take note of picture batter will be thick. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- 7Bake for 50 minutes.
- 8Shut oven off and open door to cool cake 30 minutes.
- 9Remove side of pan place on a wire rack remove to cool completely.
- 10Line a large container (I used a plastic cake carrier inverted) with plastic wrap going over the sides.
- 11Cut cake in half with a serrated knife to make 2 layers.
- 12Place top half cut side up in container. Top with strawberries top with bottom of cake cut side down.
- 13Using a wooden skewer poke plenty of holes in cake not going through the plastic wrap on the bottom.
- 14Pour slowly 4 cups of sauce over cake. Wrap over hanging plastic wrap.
- 15Refrigerate cake and remaining sauce over night.
- 16One hour before serving pour 1-1/2 cups more sauce then return to chill.
- 17Topping --.
- 18Whip cream sugar and extract till stiff peaks form.
- 19Assembly --.
- 20Remove cake from refrigerator uncover and carefully invert onto a serving platter with a raised edge so cream won `t run off the platter.
- 21Remove wrap and spread whipped cream.
- 22Serve with the chilled reserved cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tres Leches Hazelnut Cake (Cuatro Leches )
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 794.3
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.3 g
- Cholesterol 233.1 mg
- Sodium 482.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 63.7 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hazelnut-flavored liquid coffee creamer