Recipe by Lori Perez
Not quite a cake, not a custard, something truly delicious inbetween. My husband and I attended a cooking class with friends and had this for dessert. We wanted to lick the plates but thought it rude! Simply the best we have ever had the pleasure to eat.
Top Review by Flaquis from S. Ca
I wanted to make tres leches cupcakes as a surprise for my boyfriend and I made two versions--this one and another trest leches recipe on this site that is called "cuatro leches". I thought he would love the other recipe that uses hazelnut creamer as the fourth milk (since he loves it in his coffee), but to my surprise, he loved this recipe and devoured it! I topped the cupcakes with Reddi Whip and mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries) and it was fantastic. I can't wait to make this for his upcoming birthday. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 box white cake mix, to make a 9 x 9 inch cake,1 1/2 inches high (Krusteaz is great)
- 6 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 6 ounces coconut milk
- 1 cup sweetened whipped heavy cream (for topping)
- 2 pints of fresh mixed berries (I love strawberries and blackberries)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the cake according to the instructions and allow to cool thoroughly (use 1/2 the cake mix for the 9X9 pan size) Combine the 3 milks and add to the cooled cake.
- Allow the cake to soak overnight in the refrigerator.
- Cut the cake, garnish with the fruit and whipped cream.