Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make and share this Tres Leches Cake With Crema De Coco recipe from Food.com.
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Tres Leches Sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 1⁄2 cup cream of coconut (not coconut milk)
- 3 tablespoons light rum or 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 lb sliced strawberry
- 5 kiwi fruits, peeled and chopped
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottom and sides of 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with shortening.
- In large bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer on high speed until frothy. Gradually beat in granulated sugar; beat on high speed about 5 minutes or until very thick and lemon colored. Beat in water and vanilla on low speed. Gradually add flour, baking powder and salt, beating just until batter is smooth. Pour into pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 1 hour on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, stir together all Tres Leches Sauce ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Poke top of cooled cake all over with toothpick or fork; slowly pour sauce over cake, allowing it to soak inches Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours until most of the sauce is absorbed.
- In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Serve cake topped with sweetened whipped cream, coconut, strawberries and kiwi fruit.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Use 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
manny, i'm gonna make alton brown's version first cause he unravells my socks - as a wise chef, but crama de coco is tempting. shall do the plain for the first time and then thanks for your version as thinking my life will not be complete till i try this. i love pina coladas.