Prep 30 mins
Cook 34 mins
My honduran fiance loves when I make this easy version of Spanish 3 milk cake-Tres Leche Cake. It's a favorite among family & friends. Popular in Mexican & Honduran cultures. I got this recipe from a Mexican lady after my boyfriend bought one for me years ago & I loved it. I have found this recipe works well with store brands, too. The only problem I've ever had with it - it goes so fast!
- 510.29 g white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 118.29 ml milk
- 78.07 ml oil
- 236.59 ml whole milk
- 340.19 g evaporated milk
- 396.89 g sweetened condensed milk
- 226.79 g whipped dessert topping mix
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml whole milk
- 9 cherries
- Bake cake as directed on box.
- While cake is cooking, mix together 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 1 can evaporated milk, & 1 cup whole milk with a whisk. Set aside.
- When cake is finished cooking, use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes in the cake. Whisk your milk mixture once again, and pour slowly over the entire cake. Put the cake in the fridge for 4 hours to set flavors.
- After 4 hours, make your whipped topping by mixing together the vanilla, milk & whipped topping mix. Use mixer for 4 minutes. When topping is ready, spread over cake.
- To top it off, drain & rinse 9-12 cherries. Dry each cherry off, so the juice doesn't run in the topping. Put dry cherries on top of cake in rows of 3 or 4.
- This makes a beautiful cake. Must be kept refridgerated. You can use various flavors of cake mix. Many people love to put sweetened coconut in the whipped topping. You can also make a lower fat version by choosing low sugar cake mix, fat free sweetened condensed milk, fat free evaporated milk, & skim milk.
My husband is from mexico, I made this cake to surpprise him on father's day. He absolutely loved it. Everyone did.