1 hr 4 mins
My honduran fiance loves when I make this easy version of Spanish 3 milk cake-Tres Leche Cake. It's a favorite among family & friends. Popular in Mexican & Honduran cultures. I got this recipe from a Mexican lady after my boyfriend bought one for me years ago & I loved it. I have found this recipe works well with store brands, too. The only problem I've ever had with it - it goes so fast!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake cake as directed on box.
- 2While cake is cooking, mix together 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 1 can evaporated milk, & 1 cup whole milk with a whisk. Set aside.
- 3When cake is finished cooking, use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes in the cake. Whisk your milk mixture once again, and pour slowly over the entire cake. Put the cake in the fridge for 4 hours to set flavors.
- 4After 4 hours, make your whipped topping by mixing together the vanilla, milk & whipped topping mix. Use mixer for 4 minutes. When topping is ready, spread over cake.
- 5To top it off, drain & rinse 9-12 cherries. Dry each cherry off, so the juice doesn't run in the topping. Put dry cherries on top of cake in rows of 3 or 4.
- 6This makes a beautiful cake. Must be kept refridgerated. You can use various flavors of cake mix. Many people love to put sweetened coconut in the whipped topping. You can also make a lower fat version by choosing low sugar cake mix, fat free sweetened condensed milk, fat free evaporated milk, & skim milk.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tres Leches Cake (Easy)
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1074.7
- Calories from Fat 467
- Total Fat 51.9 g
- Saturated Fat 25.6 g
- Cholesterol 153.6 mg
- Sodium 829.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 134.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 107.5 g
- Protein 20.7 g