Recipe by Rachel Potachel
One hell of a cake.
Top Review by Sarabbismama
OMG!! This was the best cake ever. I made it for my brother's 22nd birthday since he wasn't home to celebrate his 21st. The best way I can describe it is to say that it's a white russian poured onto a cake. My family is requesting it for the fourth of july. I served it with berries crushed and mixed together with sugar and some apricot brandy. I then topped it all with whipped cream. YUMMY!!!!!
- 6 eggs
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 354.88 ml milk
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 141.74 g can evaporated milk
- 118.29 ml light corn syrup
- 473.19 ml heavy whipping cream
- 177.44 ml rum
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamed.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Add yolks and beat well until combined.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Add milk and almond extract to mixed ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour into a greased 13" x 9" baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-45 minutes, or until done.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Poke many holes all over cake with a fork.
- In a large saucepan, combine condensed milk, whipping cream, corn syrup, evaporated milk, and rum.
- Carefully bring to a boil, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
- Slowly pour over cake, letting the liquid absorb.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve cold, with whipped cream and strawberries if desired.